Friday 6 December 2013

Bling up your lobes!

Soooooo I have stretched Lobes, 8mm (gauge 0) on each side. And I love it. So have so, so many pretty pieces of jewellery to put in there, I can't even tell you which pair I love the most. It's probably the set that... yeah, fasten your seatbelts, please... is the ONLY GODDAMN REASON I stretched my lobes in the first place... ahem... These babies:
(Image is property of CrazyFactors... at least they claim it...)

True story. I saw those on a picture of a stunningly beautiful model (she must have had a 00 or bigger) and just decided that I needed that, too.

Long story short, that wasn't even what I wanted to post.
Instead, I wanted to show you a super quick and easy DIY I did to bling up my ears even more.



What I did was make pairs of clay "expanders" that are thin enough to fit through my tunnels, be it the blingblings you saw before or any other tunnel I own. They are a perfect add-on for cold winter days when I only wear silicone or acrylic jewellery. Esp. since the silicone ones look pretty boring. Some of the pieces I left plain white, some I painted with nail polish or acrylic paint. They break easily if you don't handle them with care and they -might- slip out, fall down and break, but with the hillariously low cost for that small amount of clay (not Fimo, mind you!) it's not that horrible.

Now, since the first experiment went so smootly, I went DIY-crazy and did a whole bunch of other pieces, some where I even rolled the clay in glitter dust before. They all came out sooooo so so pretty... and too wide. ALL OF THEM. God I was so annoyed.

 This pair is HUGE! And I mean huge! They are like the size of my palm, even a bit bigger. And I can't wear them and I have no female friends with stretched lobes to give them to. So sad ;_____;



All of the following have the finest holographic glitter rolled into the clay, it's so fine there was no way I could  neatly capture it with my crappy cam...



*sigh*
Of course I'm going to make more of these. Probably even later today. But it's still sad not to know what to do with the others. I might try to sell them, but I'm not quite sure how to reach the people who might like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment