Saturday 7 December 2013

Let's get cooking - Pancakes!

I have made a gazillion pancakes in my life. A lot of them didn't turn out any good.

That's why I'm so excited to tell you about a recipe I tried yesterday morning. My 'hubby'' and I were not in the mood for a grown-up breakfast so I decided to browse the web for a pancake recipe and found this:


  • 4 eggs
  • 400 g flour
  • 100 ml sparkling water (though normal water works just fine, I just added a liiiiiiittle bit of baking powder instead!)
  • 400 ml milk
  • 1 pck. vanilla sugar
  • 200 g sugar (as I always do: this amount can be reduced to almost half, it's still going to be deliciously sweet!)
  • a dash of salt

I made half of the recipe and got about 6 small pancakes. The hubby would have liked more, so if you have a sweet tooth in the house, use the full amount.

Just mix everything together untill it's nicely blended, maybe add some cinnamon and bake. I prefer using small pans made from ceramic, nothing sticks to them and the pancakes come out perfectly round and all in the same size.

Meanwhile, I prepared the chocolate sauce. Wait, what? Yes, I made some myself. It's super, super easy. Just mix one tablespoon of real cocoa powder (not the instant stuff!) with one or two teaspoons of powdered sugar, mix thoroughly and slowly start adding water. Only add very small amounts at once and stir untill there's no water left, then add more. I wanted a runny texture so I kept adding and stirring...

When the first pancake came out... no wait, that would be a lie, I ate the first one "to make sure they are any good at all" - so when the second one came out, I just put it on a plate, shook some powdered sugar over it, decorated with the chocolate sauce and sprinkled some almond slices over it.

Look: 


Does that look delicious or WHAT?

I scored a few housewifey-points, had a nice breakfast and probably finally found my go-to recipe for pancakes! Win-win-win!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment